Friday, June 23, 2006

horrible work day :(

so i decided. i'm not taking my note book, its heavy. and it annoys me when i have to be transfering things back and forth to and from my work terminal, cuase they dont have me on the network (laptop). so i just said to hell with it no more laptop to work.

got to work.. the server that i do coding on was down for like an hour, finally it came back up (the decided to plug it back in) then i updated the copy of the project i'm working on that was on my laptop from my thumbdrive, and pulled down the latest copy of the db from the live test site and ran the queries to populate the local test db. everything was ready. on loading the home page.. no contnet and nothing but errors in the retrieval queries. reason the lame lil box is running mysql clinet 3.23.49.. wtf. mysql is up to 5.1 now do something bout that nuh... so my queries aren't working i need to test some stuff i cant do anything. this some serious bullshit man. so i either have to downgrade my queries to use mysql 3.23... date functions which i would have to update when i'm about ot put on the live server which is running a mysql client versino of at least 4.1 (the beggining of the date() implementation.. (I'M NOT DOING THAT). someone needs to update the mysql client version on the testing server like right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

use mysql 3+ to develop most servers don't have 5 yet.

when I bring my laptop top to work I have a whole other desk and monitor to work on..woohoo

7:21 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

i generally take mine evveryday but i'm sick of the wieght i dont drive. and i got a qtek so i can do my basic functions that i'ld do daily.. i also got admin privs at work so wamp now works and i'ld say use mysql 4+ for devel cause 3 is really outdated i mean no support for fulltext searching using the match(), doesn't support the date function either.. super lame if i do say so my self. mysql 5 is really cutting edge stuff cant wait till its standardized

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home