Friday, August 04, 2006

Ubuntu Blowing up. (getting popular)


no ubuntu is not blowing up people's laptops your people who just read headers and make up a story of your own.. (shakes head at you people). Its really the most popular linux distro if i do say so my self, since novell bought suse and made it an enterprise based distro it seems its level of popularity has sorta fell ( i still love suse though its really got everything, i've never plugged anything in to my suse book (i only have notebooks so i dont say box(pc)). and it never worked.


I love me some ubuntu, it comes in different flavors edubuntu, xubuntu, kubuntu (kde environ) ubuntu (gnome environ ftw :p). i'm on my second cup of ubuntu (second distro upgrade i started in breezy badger days and not from the first (warty warthogh) release.

there is only a few and when i say few i mean few things that i cant do in linux that i really can do in windows.

1.
I cant put mp3's on my mp3 player because iriver is gay and made a pact with the devil (microsoft and mr billgates) so that the iriver T30mx cannot be used on any computer that doesn't have windows media player 10. i thought all mp3 players were basically flash drive based.. why didn't i go with the creative muvo i dont know.. :(..

2.

the other thing i cant do as of yet is use my qtek 9090 with my ubuntu setup it is a Pocket PC afterall. I've seen some lil talk of it on the ubuntu forums i might take a swing at it after i finally get ifolder up and running. my stressing project at the moment.. a friend of mine.. enigma got his ifolder up and running but the simias server has began bitchin so now no one can log in.. see enigma's blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home