Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Got me a Treo 600

No longer do i own a p800. moved on to a treo 600 and also I switched networks, from digicel to cable and wireless. cable and wireless still have a few things to iron out. on the service side. like their voice mail system.. really what is that... there's no menu.. to set my voice recording etc...
The treo's great.. not all fun though it has its headaches as well. the phone crashes just as much as my notebook does when i install a bad app on it. verichat has been causing me alot of pain. however i think its really my gprs connection thats causing verichat to crash. the connection isn't that secure i'm assuming and is being fed to the devices in an intermitent manner the program keeps loosing connection and reconnecting then eventually it crashes. what sucks about it is the crash and reboot seems like it temporarily knocks out my mobile phone portion of the palm device [ treo ]...

So far I've had the treo for a week and I've almost destroyed it.. I tried flashing it to unlock it..and i screwed it. coulnd't turn on the wireless mode so it was like a plain pda for a day. I fixed that buy getting the international firmware from palm's website and reflashing the treo. I unlocked it shortly after though with a pack i got from a forum.. and a friend as well had sent me them through im.. if you want help unlocking your treo thats running a firmware vrsion of 3.05 or 3.05 you can drom me an email and i'll hook you up or leave a comment i guess. I'ld rather an email though.
The reason behind me unlocking the treo was not for usage of another network provider sim but rather to test a theory I had about the phone. Everyone i spoke to with a treo except for one guy had a post paid account so they could use gprs with the device. Prepaid users could not use gprs on the treo 600. The device would not accept the network provider's apn no matter what.. the default apn "internet" was sort of hard wired to the device.. so i figured. hmm all these people also have locked treo's, i wonder if the apn is locked in the phone as well. so I unlocked it. popped in the sim created a new internet conection changed the apn and connected and voilla there you have it.. gprs internet on a pre paid account on cable and wireless. ;) yah its pretty cool i know.. alot of people still dont belive me when i tell em.

again if you need the unlock pack for the treo drop me an email. there is an email link to the right under the monthly archive panel of my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home