Thursday, November 10, 2005

Monday's Interview

Went to the gleaner interview. Didn't go to bad. I'm actually sort of confident about the whole thing. However confidence doesn't mean anything. I got a little news manager application to create in php. Most of the framework i did at the interviewers office, but it got sorta late so I took it home and finished it up and emailed it.
The real drama now was getting home from the interview. I left the gleaner at 6:00 pm. asked directions how to get back to the towns parade [ center activity of downtown kingston ]. I got directions of how to walk which i wasn't gonna do, and where to get a cab. I headed to the direction of a cab, on making the left turn i was told to i saw a long street no lights at all on it nothing but darkness at 6:30pm in the night downtown kingston. Immediate uturn, i'ld have to be stupid to do that. So i turned back started making some phone calls, was contemplating getting a cab straight to portmore [ home ] which would run me about $1000 but I really didn't care at that point. I saw a cabby passing at that time i signalled him he stopped. I charterd him to take me to my bustop. On getting there i called my cousin who works down town to see if he had already left. he was still there. "which is strange as he left work from 5 and normally heads home immediatly". On exiting the cab i was greated by a sea of people. I've never seen so much people ever. No session/party or beach got this type of crowd. So after waiting downtown for about 1 hour i got annoyed tried to find a cab to charter couldn't find one. I eventually suggested that we leave this forsaken place and head to half way tree [ my neck of the woods, I'm really like a wolf cut off from his pack when down town i hadn't been there in years ]. We eventually made the move to halfway tree my cousins co-workers who were there also came with us. on arrival to halfway tree we were greeted with a similar crowd. yep it wasnt' as bad as down town was but it still was wayy more than the average. on getting there i called home trying to find out what was the problem, Seems on the return route for traffic to get to halfway tree and town there was an accident between a car and a truck, which was causing all this problems. I was starving so i headed directly to burger king and got me a bacon whopper with cheese a hershy pie and made sure i went large, devoured that and then headed back out to see what my cousin was up to. We ended up hanging out with this girl [ model ] and her mom in front of bk until about 9:30 before we got a bus. [ a jutc at that :| which i dont generally take home ever ]. the ntsc executive class bus crowed was way too much though so I really couldn't be bothered. We eneded up taking one of the extended jutc's [ what they call the train or bi-articulated bus ]. Traffic was a real bitch though. so the driver did someting jutc buses never normally do. he went of route. so we're on a shortcut and people start yelling things like "me ago tell pj [ i'll tellthe priminister your off route ] etc. This lady then shouts out from outside, driver stop the roads are horrible youd ont wanna go down there with this vehicle. Of course that made no sense at the time because its a bi-articulated buss on a narrow road how would it turn back. So we kept on path. on the first occurence of a ccrater in the road. everyone in the bus gasped. that looked like something from the moon the driver had to use some real skill putting the bus onthe side walk making sure he clears the entire front so the second half of the buss doesnt fall in. The craters [pot hole as we say here] just kept getting worse. the driver was skilled though so we cleared them all. I got home at 11:30 that night.. I hate downtown and If i get that job of the gleaner I have no clue how I'm gonna manage with transportation its horrible down there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home